Boo at the Zoo
Saturday, October 27 from 12-4 p.m.
Discover slimy, slithery, creepy & crawly creatures at Sequoia Park Zoo's 15th annual Boo at the Zoo! Bring the whole family to this dreadfully delightful event filled with games, crafts, and treats.
Arrive in costume and receive a candy treat—then enter our all-ages Costume Parade & Contest at 2 p.m. for a chance to win some great prizes! Winners will be awarded in each of the following categories: Most Awesome Animal, Most Spooktacular, and Most Original.
Spooktacular activities include:
- Bat Discovery and Trivia
- Spider Web Toss
- Skull Scavenger Hunt
- Snake Maze
- Costume Parade & Contest
- Face Painting
- Slug Slime
- And so much more!
Interact with animal residents of the Sequoia Park Zoo!
Enjoy wild up-close animal encounters at the following times*:
- 12:30 p.m. & 3 p.m. - Meet Cotton, a rare all-white Virginia opossum, and see the gentler side of these nocturnal opportunists.
- 1 p.m. - Meet Winky, a Northern spotted owl, and learn the important role this majestic bird plays in our redwood forests
- 1-3 p.m. - Get hands on at the Creepy Crawly Station with Madagascar hissing cockroaches, tarantulas and snakes.
- 2:30 p.m. - Meet Dorsi, a North American porcupine and discover a porcupine's soft spots beneath the prickles.
Watch your favorite animals enjoy special jack-o-lantern treats at the following times*:
- 12:30 Gibbons
- 1:00 Spider Monkeys
- 1:30 Ravens
- 2:00 Barnyard
- 2:30 Chacoan Peccaries
- 3:00 Red pandas
- 3:30 Cotton-top tamarins
* With animal welfare a priority, all encounters and times are subject to change.
All activities are included with general Zoo admission - members join the fun for free and skip the line!
Not a member? Receive 25% off a new Zoo membership in October!
Click here to download a 25% off coupon (PDF) for a new Zoo membership, return completed with payment to the Zoo, and skip the lines for Boo! (Coupon applies to New Memberships only; Coupon cannot be redeemed online; valid October 1-31, 2012)
Thank you 2012 Event Sponsors for helping to make Boo at the Zoo possible!