Zoo Crew Orientation
Want to work more closely with the animals? This year-round program offers individuals the opportunity to take part in some of the zoo’s day-to-day activities, like feeding, observing and handling animals and cleaning exhibits. There are also opportunities for giving demonstrations and helping out at our special events. This position is for a volunteer interested in a longer commitment and requires training. Interested persons must be approved by the Volunteer Coordinator prior to attending any Zoo Crew orientations.
All Zoo Crew members must:
- Be at least 16 years old
- Complete the required application, orientation and training
- Pass a TB and background check
- Commit to a minimum of two shifts per month for at least 6 months
- Be able to follow directions precisely and work independently
- Be in good physical shape—able to lift 25 pounds, walk, stoop, reach overhead and traverse uneven surfaces.
- Pass the pre-screenings and receive a personal invitation to join the Zoo Crew training
Please be aware that the Zoo Crew application process can take several weeks, and volunteer orientation only occurs every 3 months. You will be contacted about your status once your application has been processed.
2014 Zoo Crew Orientation Dates:
- Sunday, March 2, 12 – 4 p.m.
- Sunday, June 1, 12-4 p.m.
- Sunday, September 7, 12-4 p.m.
- Sunday, December 7, 12-4 p.m.
Interested persons must be approved by the Volunteer Coordinator to attend any Zoo Crew orientations. Call (707) 441-4205 or e-mail ten.o1409289779ozkra1409289779paiou1409289779qes@r1409289779eetnu1409289779lov1409289779.
See more volunteering opportunities here.