Conservation Grant Information & Application
The Sequoia Park Zoo and Conservation Advisory Committee are accepting proposals for our eighth annual Conservation Grant Program. Proposals should be submitted by individuals or organizations for projects that have a clear direct impact on conservation of wildlife and/or habitat. Appropriate projects include proposals for research, educational programs and habitat management. All types of conservation projects will be reviewed, with special consideration given to the following:
- projects in line with the Zoo mission, conservation goals and species represented at the zoo;
- projects conducting research and conservation in Humboldt County and northern CA.
Support is limited to projects that can be completed within one year and funds will be granted up to $1,500. A post-project completion report will be required upon completion of the funded projects.
Complete proposals must have a single cover sheet, two pages of text (maximum) and relevant supporting materials, as outlined in the Proposal Application Form. Proposals should be submitted via email in a single pdf by Thursday, January 31st 2019 deadline 5 pm PST. Incomplete applications and those exceeding the page limit may not be reviewed.
Our Mission: Sequoia Park Zoo inspires conservation of the natural world by instilling wonder, respect and passion for wildlife.
We fulfill our mission by:
- Creating intimate connections between people and animals;
- Providing the highest standards of animal care and exhibitry;
- Providing innovative educational experiences;
- Partnering with other institutions to ensure sustainability of zoo and wild populations;
- Providing a place for our community to meet, relax, and enjoy; and
- Appreciating and utilizing our unique redwood setting.