2016 Conservation Grant Information & Application
Deadline: January 29, 2016
The Sequoia Park Zoo Foundation and Conservation Advisory Committee are accepting proposals for our fourth annual Conservation Grant Program. Proposals should be submitted by individuals or organizations for projects that have a clear direct impact on wildlife and/or habitat conservation. A variety of projects will be considered including proposals for research, educational programs and habitat management plans. Priority of consideration will be given to the following types of projects:
• projects in line with the Zoo mission and conservation priorities,
• projects conducting research and conservation in and around Humboldt County, and
• projects that conserve endangered western pond turtles (supporting AZA SAFE [Saving Animals From Extinction] initiative).
Support is limited to projects that can be completed within one year and funds will be granted up to $1,250. A post-project completion report will be required upon completion of the funded projects.
Complete proposals must have a single cover page, two pages of text (maximum) and relevant supporting materials, as outlined in the Proposal Application Form. Proposals should be submitted via email in a single pdf by the January 29th deadline, 5 pm PST. Incomplete applications and those exceeding the page limit may not be reviewed.
Our Mission: Sequoia Park Zoo inspires conservation of the natural world by instilling wonder, respect and passion for wildlife.
We fulfill our mission by:
• Creating intimate connections between people and animals;
• Providing the highest standards of animal care and exhibitry;
• Providing innovative educational experiences;
• Partnering with other institutions to ensure sustainability of zoo and wild populations;
• Providing a place for our community to meet, relax, and enjoy; and
• Appreciating and utilizing our unique redwood setting.
A post-project completion report will be required upon completion of the funded projects. Deadline for submission is January 29, 2016.
For more information including proposal guidelines and conservation grants previously awarded, see http://www.sequoiaparkzoo.net/conservation/field-conservation/