Zoo Crew Orientation
Want to work more closely with the animals? This year-round program offers individuals the opportunity to take part in some of the zoo’s day-to-day activities, like feeding, observing and handling animals and cleaning exhibits. There are also opportunities for giving demonstrations and helping out at our special events. This position is for a volunteer interested in a longer commitment and requires training.
All Zoo Crew members must:
- Be at least 16 years old
- Complete the required application, orientation and training
- Pass a TB and background check
- Commit to a minimum of two shifts per month for at least 6 months
- Be able to follow directions precisely and work independently
- Be in good physical shape—able to lift 25 pounds, walk, stoop, reach overhead and traverse uneven surfaces.
Please be aware that the Zoo Crew application process can take several weeks, and volunteer orientation only occurs every 3 months. You will be contacted about your status once your application has been processed.
Interested persons must be approved by the Volunteer Coordinator to attend any Zoo Crew orientations. Call (707) 441-4205 or e-mail ten.o1454911008ozkra1454911008paiou1454911008qes@r1454911008eetnu1454911008lov1454911008. Click here for more volunteering opportunities.