Economic Assistance Program
Sequoia Park Zoo is dedicated to sharing its mission of inspiring conservation of the natural world with all who wish to visit our zoo. For those who find our admission prices unaffordable, there are some alternatives to consider:
- Every Wednesday admission is half-price
- Zoo admission is waived during for our sponsored Free Days (2-3 days/year)
- Many disadvantaged community members are served through the Zoo Economic Assistance Program (ZEAP) which provides opportunities to visit Sequoia Park Zoo for free through an eligible service organization or agency (see list below). Clients of the following service organizations/agencies should inquire with their serving agency about a free zoo visit through the ZEAP program.
Other organizations or agencies not listed below which serve individuals with financial, behavioral or physical limitations may also be eligible for this program.
- Do the clients served by your organization have special needs that would require the assistance or supervision of one of your employees to facilitate their visit to the zoo? If yes, please click here to download an application for a group listing.
- Do the clients you work with meet the Federal guidelines for living at or below the poverty level? If yes, please click here to download an application for complimentary tickets.
If these criteria do not apply and/or you would like more information, please call (707) 441-4263.
Applications may be turned in at any time of year, however the program is renewed following the fiscal year of July 1 – June 30. Therefore, ALL applicants need to submit a new application every June for reconsideration.
2014-2015 Approved Agencies
- CASA of Humboldt
- Pacific Child and Family Association
- Glen Paul School – Ridgewood Special Day Class
- Crestwood Behavioral Health Centers (includes Mental Health Rehabilitation Center, Bridge House & Courtyard Community)
- North Cost Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Seaview Rehabilitation & Wellness Center
- Remi Vista
- Community and Employment Links
- Changing Tides Family Services
- Northcoast Children’s Services
- RCAA – Multiple Assistance Center (MAC) and Transitional Living Program (TLP) Family Shelter
- Multiplicity Therapeutic Services
- Humboldt Community Access & Resource Center (HCAR)
- Nurse Family Partnership
- Humboldt County DHHS – Child Welfare Services
- Public Health Field Nursing
- Adult Day Health & Alzheimer’s Center
- RCAA – Youth Services Bureau
- Chance 4 Change
- Gaining Ground
- Community Cornerstone
- Halo Haven
- Bungalow Support Services
- Granada Rehabilitation and Wellness Center
- Loleta Boys & Girls Club
- Boys & Girls Club of the Redwoods
- Environmental Alternatives FFA
- California Mentor
- Alcohol & Drug Care Services
- Pearl Haven
- Humboldt Domestic Violence Services
- Trumpet Behavioral Health